A Little Ray of Sunshine

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My husband

made crepes for dinner tonight. Isn't he sweet?
He almost always cooks dinner on Wednesdays because I teach until 5:30, and I am usually too exhausted by the time the last youngster leaves to throw together a stir-fry, which is all there is time left for. Sometimes, of course, I do a stew that can be left to sit all day, usually when he has an exam.
His last class on Wednesday is always Choir, so he comes home with that musician's high, you know, the one you get from working hard and doing well. Not quite like the performance high, but it's still a good, on top of the world sort of feeling. Aside from Choir, today was a good day for him anyway.
His intern group had lunch with the interim university president today, and each intern had to do a five minute presentation. His project is Information Security Awareness. He's particularly talented in public speaking--I think it is the Baptist Mission School's fault. And his project happens to be very impressive. He printed out the 1/2 hour short version of his educational presentation--the full power-point takes 2 hours. He's got a mass communications student working on a video with him. He's got buttons and flyers and I don't know what else in the making.
So he came across very well, and was appropriately congratulated by those running the program who were hoping to impress the interim president. He came home on cloud nine.
And he made crepes for dinner.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:21 AM, February 02, 2006, Blogger Jo said…

    Why did I only now discover you have a blog? How cool! :)
    As soon as I get back to regular blogging I'll have to do some catching up on your back posts.
    Crepes for dinner... what a sweetheart! My hubby's idea of making dinner is usually the drive-through at Wendy's. LOL

     
  • At 10:54 PM, February 02, 2006, Blogger heidi said…

    I read that "CREEPS" the first time. Apparently my latent dyslexia is showing. My beloved spouse isn't allowed in the kitchen. He is a horrid cook. Too many spices, not enough ingredients. ick.

    You are blessed!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home