A Little Ray of Sunshine

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

It's Beau's fault!

Really, it is. He's been asking for a baby. Now he's getting one, probably a little after his birthday, at that. End of October or early November--I seem to go about 9.5 months.
No, it really isn't his fault. But we were hoping to wait just a little while longer, you know, so I wouldn't be six months pregnant going to the east this summer. That'll be an interesting trip. And I can't wait to hear what C. says when I tell her she can't have my measurments for the bridesmaid dress just yet. Because what I measure at one month pregnant isn't going to be the same as six. (She's going to give me a bad time, she told me she didn't want me pregnant for her wedding. I'm smart enough at least not to make her any promises.)
The worst part, of course, just as it was when I was pregnant with Hemi and Beau was in diapers, is changing those dirty diapers with constant nausea. My husband is sweet enough to take over the icky chores when he's home, but unfortunately, he still has to go to school.
And the part I'm least looking forward to is finding a new doctor. I already suggested that we move back to Moscow just so we could have the same doctor.
So far, though, the nausea is all. My back is fine, that sciatic nerve isn't acting up at all. (Yet.) I hope it stays this way. I couldn't feel my leg during my first two pregnancies, and I couldn't stand up for five minutes straight from the pain. (If I need to, I'll be doing the wedding and NYC in a wheel chair. We skipped doing too many things because Mama couldn't stand during the first two babies.) Perhaps the Yoga is helping. I sure hope so. My Yoga instructer (she's an RN, too, so I feel pretty safe with her) says I can keep doing Yoga and she'll help me with some options as I get bigger and more awkward.
What has always worked for me with nausea is fresh papaya. Of course, the grocery store only had green, so I've got to wait for them to ripen. (I tried ginger, crackers, and everything else old wives tales suggest with Beau, and the result was that I found out I really don't like throwing up all those things.)
My father-in-law, my mom, and my dad are thrilled. In fact, I'm not sure who was the most excited, my father-in-law or my mom, but they certainly take top prize so far. My father-in-law was going to tell my mother-in-law, but I haven't spoken to her yet so I can't gauge her reaction, except I'm sure it will be happy.
The boys really don't get it, yet. Nothing they can notice except that Mama doesn't feel good. I'm sure they'll come to understand in time. As I recall, Beau really didn't notice Hemi much until he could feel him moving and couldn't fit well on my lap anymore. Hemi's older than Beau was (they're nineteen months apart), so I'd expect more awareness, sooner, and Beau will be four by the time the baby is born, assuming baby is on time.
I'm sure posting will be more sporadic than usual.
We really are looking forward to the east coast trip. Dad has some professional connections/friends at the American Museum of Natural History so, if we manage our visit right, perhaps we can get behind the scenes there. I'm sure Beau and my neices would love that. From our family trips I remember the backsides of more museums than the exhibit sides. Museum of the Rockies was particularly interesting: they were working on their models at one time when we were there, and I got to see them before painting.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home