A Little Ray of Sunshine

Monday, January 23, 2006

Perchance to dream

I dream a lot. Always full color. Sometimes I am part of the dream, sometimes an observer. Sometimes my dreams later happen in life. I don't like dreaming the future, the might-be's. Sometimes they are fantastic. Sometimes I can pull a character or situation that's functional in my writing, but more often not, dream logic doesn't always work well enough, and sometimes it simply requires too much suspension of disbelief for me to write it. Sometimes I see the end of the world. Sometimes the people are real people that I know, more often, not.

And twice, now, bloggers have figured in my dreams. Would you guys cut it out, please?

Seriously, if you wake up in the middle of the night, probably between 2 and 3:30, judging from the two who have thus far gotten dreamed of, and have a feeling someone's praying for you, it's probably me. If you're in my dreams, when I wake up, I'll say a quick prayer for you. I can't figure out why else you'd be in my dreams. The dreams seem to respect your privacy, at least thus far, if you don't have a picture on your blog, I don't see your face. And I can't recall any other dream where the entire thing has been looking over someone's left shoulder. (Bane, during my Christmas-season hiatus, I wanted to post the date but didn't get to it before I forgot exactly when it was. Bane, if you want me to post the details of the dream, I can. It's still pretty vivid, and it might mean something more to you than it did to me. I'm pretty sure it was not a real-world dream.)
I don't want to dream of you. I don't want to dream of ANYBODY. I wouldn't wish the real things I dream so frequently of on anyone. I think the might-be's I dream are important. Doesn't mean I like them. Who would like to see someone they love murdered? The good part is the futures I dream are changable. The bad part is I don't know what will suffice to change them, or if the change could be worse than the orriginal. It's a mixed blessing, or maybe a mixed curse.
Now I'm going to go fold laundry and get my mind back to daytime. My dreams really disturb me.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:03 PM, January 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would LOVE for you to post the details of your dream. I'll tell you honestly if it's true or not.

     
  • At 4:42 PM, January 23, 2006, Blogger Doom said…

    It's nice to know others have difficulty with dreams. When I was younger, I had nightmares of falling. I learned how to fly and windwalk (in my dreams). I even learned to fly through steel plates. I have also learned to change most things in my dreams. As for regular nightmares, I enjoy those. For me, it's like seeing a good horror movie that isn't triple-X or too stupid.

    Dreams of the future, I actually improved my test results once. I did it, thinking I was having deja vous, then later realized I had dreamed it as I was reading a log I kept. I've always wondered about changing the future too, even in little things. That line of thought gets really deep very quickly so I don't ponder it so much now.

    I have dreamed I was an eagle, bear, and wolf too. Those dreams were so intense, I really feel like I have some real connection. Yes, I am crazy, but no, my crazyness didn't play a part in this (I think):)

    The dreams I don't like are the dreams of war. I am not sure about my past and whether I was in combat, but these dreams are persistant. As well, I can't change them like I do other dreams. Oh well. I just thought I would let you know you are not alone in your dream thoughts and dream life.

     
  • At 5:09 PM, January 23, 2006, Blogger heidi said…

    I dream vividly but rarely below an R rating. That's probably why I don't usually talk about dreams.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, January 29, 2006, Blogger Pretty Lady said…

    This is very, very important. If you do not already do so, I would highly recommend you keep a dream journal. Check back in it every so often and note which ones appear to be precognitive, which are warnings, which are psychological dreck, etc; often you can learn to recognize the important ones by their tone.

    I have never known a dream to genuinely presage irremediable disaster, but some of mine have prepared me in useful ways for difficult times ahead.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home