A Little Ray of Sunshine

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A birthday and such

The weather has been lovely the last few days, sunny and warm.
Saturday, we picked up the manure for the garden. Our friend with the vendetta against dandelions sprayed the yard again: it still hasn't done any good. The friend with the manure gave me some rhubarb starts.
We mowed yesterday. Actually, I started mowing, and yet another friend, one who thinks that pregnant women should do nothing more than sit around and read came over and took the mower away and finished the job. He needed the sunshine anyway, he is as pale as I.
I got sunburned lightly on Saturday, but cocoa butter and aloe quickly took care of that.
My husband is completely swamped: this is dead week at school, so named because you wish you were dead before it is over. Actually, only lab classes are allowed to test during dead week, but every other class has major projects due. If I am the Queen of Procrastination then my husband is the King. He also has to finish up his internship this week, but it is very nearly done, just the last round of meetings to go to, no more projects. (Well, the girl who was supposed to make a video for it seems to have not done so, at least, she is not returning emails.)
Hemi's birthday was Saturday. Nana and Poppa came over for dinner. We had hamburgers and birthday cake. I made my own sourdough buns for the burgers and they came out pretty well. A little overcooked: buns don't need to bake as long as a loaf of bread. Nana and Poppa got Hemi a basketball hoop. He's even managed to make a few baskets in it, which is pretty good for two. Beau's much better.
We are waiting to hear back from the places my husband applied to for summer jobs.
The weather has been so nice that it is tempting to put the garden in. The manure has to be dug in first, though, and that's a job I can't do. I really wish my back didn't act up so when I'm pregnant, it's such a nuisance and a waste of time.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:46 PM, May 05, 2006, Blogger Jo said…

    I hated the whole pregnancy back pain. I got sciatica a couple times that really bothered me. Thank goodness I worked at a spa-type place. I was able to get a good massage both times that cleared it up.
    That was sweet of your neighbor to mow the lawn for you. Aren't you glad there are still chivalrous men in the world? :)
    Happy Birthday to little Hemi. Sounds like you had a nice little party for him. I feel bad, I was SuperGrump for my son's birthday party with the fam. I'm glad he's too young to remember this one. Maybe next year I'll do better. :D

     
  • At 5:18 PM, May 07, 2006, Blogger Arielle said…

    Yes, that certainly was nice of your neighbor. =) How far along are you now? I've passed the 4 month mark and am now starting to actually look pregnant, instead of slightly pudgy around the middle.

     
  • At 9:17 AM, May 08, 2006, Blogger BoysMom said…

    I'm almost to four months, but I look more like six. Everyone tells me this is normal with #3. It's kind of depressing, with my first, at three months, I was still wearing my prepregnancy clothes.
    Our neighbor is a great guy. He needs to find a great lady someday. He was homeschooled, just turned eighteen, and is starting his master's degree in the fall. I think if my husband hadn't already been convinced about homeschooling, this guy would've sold him.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home