A Little Ray of Sunshine

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Salt Lake City

My husband needed to go to Salt Lake City this week for training. So naturally, being a clannish bunch, we all went. (People look at me really funny when I tell them that we're all here because y husband has job training. Is this really that weird?)
Well, at least we thought we'd go eat at Trolley Square tonight, not last night. I don't know if they'll be open again before we leave town or not, but Rodizio's, the brazilian restaurant, is supposed to be very good.
I'm sure everyone's heard almost all about the shooting on the news . . . except for something in the paper that I haven't heard or seen anywhere else yet: the person who shot the killer was an off-duty Ogden police officer. The paper got an eye-witness account of this from the guy who told the off-duty officer where the killer was.
As of now, there are five dead victems, two victems in the university hospital and two in the mormon hospital, both of which are (or at least were when I was a kid) excellent hospitals.
Perhaps we should take some time off traveling, though: we were passing through Ohio last summer the same time as that sniper was taking down people on the freeways.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:33 AM, February 14, 2007, Blogger BoysMom said…

    Well, this is obnoxious!
    Blogger wants me to change my blog to their new style. To do that, they want an email address.
    No, thanks. But it won't let me access my blog without changing. I don't happen to have an email address I can give them. Since Google won't give me a gmail address because I don't have a cell phone, I'm kinda stuck here.
    AAGH!
    Anyway, if you have toddlers, you must go to Cabela's at fish feeding time. The boys thought that was really cool. And I got new shoes!!!

     
  • At 10:41 PM, February 16, 2007, Blogger Res Ipsa said…

    Boys mom,
    In case you missed this at Nate's. You can drop me an email too if you want.

    Next time you're in Rocky Mountain Sports in Riverton take a look at their collection of rifles in .270 or .308 check out the bolt action guns or the ruger single shot models. IF you want something bigger maybe a 30-06. For $500 or less you should be able to find a good new gun that will shoot fine and meet your other requirements.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home